Saturday March 13th, 2010
Making peace with F.R.I.E.N.D.S

When I came to GC, in order to deal with my home sickness, my mother bought me the first season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. At first I was not quite sure of my feelings for the series. But after a while I fell in love with Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, Joey, Ross , and Chandler. They became my coping for many things. It was my relaxation, my way out of troubles. Now, I know it’s kind of weird to have this feelings for a sitcom! But is just not the sitcom, this guys made me laugh when I was feeling down, they made me cry when I needed to cry, and most important they took me away from reality when I needed an escape.

Is not only the sitcom, is the representation of what it is to me. They meant a whole new chapter in my life. They represented the many obstacles, laughs, and triumphs that I had while I was away from home. I know it sounds stupid, but now that I watched the last episode, is just hard to realize that there’s no more F.R.I.E.N.D.S. That their life’s simply fade away. Is certainly hard to let them go. Who knows, this could be the start of a whole new chapter of my life. F.R.I.E.N.D.S will always be in my heart, and I’m pretty sure that when my kids go to college I will do the same thing that my mother did, give them F.R.I.E.N.D.S, because everybody needs friends, right?

Su amigo,

Sammy

Comment on this post

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree