Monday March 29th, 2010
Spring Break ‘10

I know that Spring Break was a couple of weeks ago, but I am going to write about my Midterm break experience.

This year, as a sophmore, I participated in my first Spring Break Service trip. A group of us from Goshen College went down to Georgia to learn more about immigration and immigration issues. We lived in solidarity with a community named Alterna. During our week long trip, we had a lot of life changing experiences; we walked with the Dream Walkers, we did some service in the Altena community, we organized a small workshop for children on Bullying, we visited detainees at a detention center, we participated in a protest outside of a different detention center, and we helped out at a trailer park community with some nuns by cleaning up some landscape space, handing out clothes and eggs to a lot of families. It was a great experience. I was able to make friends with many new people as well as build a strong friendship with fellow GC students who I never would have bonded with if not for this trip. This blog isn’t a persuasive one by any means, but if you have the chance to participate in a service trip AT LEAST one time throughout your years in college, I strongly urge you to take the opportunity.

Our group will be having a Chapel on April 9th talking about our Service Trip experience and sharing many of the things that we learned throughout the trip. I encourage you to attend!

Comment on this post

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree