Saturday October 24th, 2009
Sones de Mexico

Last night was the Sones de Mexico concert at the Sauder Hall. It was a great night. As a part of CITL, some of us took part in the preparation and process of the concert. Some of us helped to translate, others to advertise, a couple to collect food for the Window and various other tasks. Last night, our very own Mayra and Sara were the MC for the Concert and most of the rest were greeters, ushers and ticketers. I would agree that it was worth all of the work because the concert was incredible.

The music filled all of our ears with waves of joy. People in the seats were getting up to dance with there children. Others would cheer and shout out phrases of praise and agreement to the performance. All of the audience seemed content.

I also enjoyed all aspects of the concert. I love the dancing and the music. It is as if it fills my heart with longing to visit the beautiful Mexico. The real Mexico. To travel into the cities that have not yet been Americanized. It is a beautiful country with many beautiful people and many beautiful customs.

Comment on this post

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree