Wednesday April 7th, 2010
Magnificent Monday

Usually people get the Monday blues. Recently, however, I’ve had these bursts of energy that provide me with magnificent Mondays!

My schedule is always chaotic. I operate well under pressure so I tend to schedule myself tightly that I might add some tension in my schedule. Monday’s schedule, however, was downright ridiculous! I had dance practice, a poem to write and rehearse for a performance the next day, an interview to conduct, a book to read, work to do, working out to do…I felt a little overwhelmed. And then the sun came out.

And rather than a pathetic fallacy (when the environment/weather mirrors the moods of an individual), my mood changed. In fact, I took some time to lay out in the sun with friends and to play around at dinner. And it was good. It was exactly what I needed to de-stress on that Magnificent Monday. Sometimes, I realize that in the midst of things, college is just as much about the people you meet and the friendships you build as it is about the projects you hand in and the speakers you hear. It’s a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Comment on this post

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree