Monday November 15th, 2010
Student teaching is over :(

Well, student teaching is over already! Friday was my last day with the 2nd graders at Chamberlain. I had an excellent learning experience, and I fell so fortunate to have worked with an awesome cooperating teacher and staff at Chamberlain. The time sure flew by!

On Friday, we had a reading party in the morning. The children brought slippers, blankets, pillows, and snacks. They read to a partner and to themselves. The children LOVED it! Also, the three 2nd grade classes had been working on practicing Reader’s Theaters (which are stories, songs, or poems that groups of students read together in different parts). We went to the music room, and they performed them for each other. It was fun to see the children get up in front of the other kids!

In the afternoon, the children gave me a going away present. They had made a book and t-shirt for me. I will keep these with me to look back on and remember my wonderful experience. Although there were hard times, I learned so much and am thankful for my experience.

Now, onto senior seminar. I have 3 weeks left of class and then it is Christmas break! Ahh! We have to work on making a portfolio in order to be licensed, so it will be an intense three weeks, but I’m sure it will go fast. The fact that I am a senior and almost graduating is starting to sink in. I have no idea where God will take me next year, but I am trusting Him and His plan! Until then, I will continue to enjoy my last year of college!

Comment on this post