Tuesday September 7th, 2010
A Weekend Away

On Friday, I hit the road home after school for a weekend in Tiskilwa, IL. It was great to see my sister and my parents. In the evening, we went to a football game and watched my sister perform her dance routine. She did an excellent job!

On Saturday, we went out to eat with my cousin and aunt who live in North Carolina. They moved there a couple years ago, so we were excited to have lunch with them and visit. In the evening, my parents and I went to a hymn sing at Menno Haven Camp. Some friends of mine and our family, Yasi and Ben Bouwman, got married at Menno Haven on Sunday, the reason I went home, and they had activities set up all weekend there. It was wonderful to sing with many other people!

Sunday was wedding day! The wedding was at 11:00 in front of the lake. It was beautiful- the setting, the weather, the wedding, everything! It was fun to see many people, eat yummy food and desserts, and rejoice in the marriage of Ben and Yasi! After the wedding, we headed back to Goshen. It is always nice to get back here!

Yesterday was Labor Day, so we teachers got the day off! We made brunch at my friends’ grandma’s house, went to see Eat, Pray, Love, did some lesson plans, and hung out. It was a relaxing day off and a very enjoyable weekend!

And now another week of school! I am teaching a reading group this week. It is going well! I love the children, and they are what keep me going!

Comment on this post